Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro USB Audio System with THX SB1095 Reviews

Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro USB Audio System with THX SB1095


Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro USB Audio System with THX SB1095 by Creative. Turn your PC or pocket book right into a 5.1-channel entertainment system with the Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Encompass 5.1 Professional USB sound card. Intended to exchange your motherboard's onboard audio, this exterior sound card adds wealthy, Dolby 5.1 audio to any PC or pocket book with a USB 2.0 port. The cardboard features THX's TruStudio Professional expertise, which boosts audio depth, improves bass response, and more. Gold-plated RCA stereo and optical digital outputs assist excessive-end audio efficiency, while microphone and headphone jacks make Web chat easy. DTS and Dolby Digital Recording codecs could be added with a free software program download to boost movie sound.

I purchased the Artistic Soundblaster X-Fi Pro, as a result of I like and nonetheless use my six 12 months old Inventive X-fi Usb card with great outcomes, as each a sound card and digitizer, but it is only 16 bit 44k. The fact that it's THX certified (I've always have very impressive outcomes with their certification) was another factor. What I needed was a 24bit, 96k card, to use as a USB digitizer, at the higher rate. As a digitizer, it does a superb job at the 24 bit charge, clear, very quiet, a lot better than my on board sound card, a VIA, which is also 24 bit, 96k, but the recording quality and playback is pure crap, noisy, distorted, colored and so on. 

The Sounblaster Pro was a straightforward arrange, merely plug and play, the software program which got here with the card can be plentiful, and updated proper after installation. There are a number of issues nevertheless that hassle me in regards to the card. First, when taking part in the cardboard for the first time, the bass was tubby, and I needed to play with the Artistic software program for a few hours to get what I might take into account clean sound, by means of my M-Audio BX5a 5-inch BiAmplified Studio Monitor Speakers. As soon as tweaked, the sound was good, but less than I expected, in comparison to my outdated Creative unit, which has cleaner, tighter bass and mid bass and overall flatter response when monitored with an SPL meter . The outdated unit has an on board X-Fi Crystalizer, and X-Fi CMSS-3D sound, with switches on the aspect to show the consequences on and off, and select "button" for adjusting the quantities of processing with the volume knob. 

The new Soundblaster, has none of this and makes use of, what I believe to be software emulated effects for a couple of reasons. When monitoring the processor usage, it goes manner up, the place the old X-fi barely used any resources. Additionally changes can solely be made with the brand new Creative software. I could solely monitor 24 bit recordings on the new Sounblaster, in true 24 bit, with what I consider "true quality", after a whole lot of A-B comparison with a number of 24 bit, ninety six ok recordings on common amps, one a Sony, the other an Onkyo TX-NR708 7.2-Channel Network House Theater Receiver (Black), and the OLD Inventive X-Fi, which actually emulates 24 bit, 96k with the Crystalizer.

 When all was tweaked, I used to be joyful, but boy, it was more work than I expected. For ease of use, and actually sound quality, I'm sticking with my OLD Creative X-Fi for each day use. The NEW Soundblaster, goes to be used as a high bit rate digitizer, which is why I bought it any method, and any excessive rate playback goes to go from the optical output, by way of my Sony amp and Aux studio monitors. I imagine this new Artistic card is sweet for players, possibly less sensitive audio system and people who want a reasonable 5.1 unit for motion pictures, not for recording monitoring.

Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro USB Audio System with THX SB1095 
 Creative
8.9 x 2.4 x 6.3 inches ; 14.4 ounces
This item is also available for shipping to select countries outside the U.S.

0 Comment:

Post a Comment